בוקסטהודה, מנגן טום קופמן על עוגבBuxtehude & Bruhns Organ Works
Uploaded on Oct 26, 2011
BuxWV 142, 209, 218, 136, 222, 155, 221, 151, 152, 191, 158, 204, 205, 150, 153, 194, 192, 143, 206, 208 and preludes in e (2) and G and a chorale prelude on "Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland" by Nicolaus Bruhns Bielfeldt organ, Stade. Berendt Huß built the organ in St. Wilhadi between 1673 and 1676, with completion in 1678 by his nephew Arp Schnitger. After the Danish bombardment of 1712 destroyed half the organ, Arp Schnitger rebuilt the organ. In 1724 lighting struck the tower and organ (again!) and a new organ was built by Erasmus Bielfeldt of Celle and Bremen, with completion in 1736. The organ remained virtually unchanged until a rebuild in
1875–86 by Johann Hinrich Röver.
More alterations were executed in 1937–38 by Paul Ott of Göttingen, including moving the Hinterwerk to a new Rückpositiv case.
Jürgen Ahrend of Leer-Loga completely rebuilt the organ between 1987 and 1990 with the aim of returning the organ to its 1736 condition.
HISTORY of the Erasmus Bielfeldt organ in St. Wilhadi Stade
1322 First evidence of an organ in St.Wilhadi are handed down to us from the year 1322. No details of the instrument are known. However, we know the name of the builder of the organ Wilhadi: Berthold.
In addition to organs in Verden, Lübeck and Ratzeburg and Stade, the Wilhadi organ from 1322 was the very earliest evidence of the medieval organ building in northern Germany.
1659 In the devastating fire of Stade the organ in St. Wilhadi also becomes a victim of the flames.
1673 Berendt Huss begins with the construction of a new organ. This continous until 1676 under the direction of B. Huss. In 1676 he died and was buried in St. Wilhadi. Arp Schnitger will continue to build and complete the organ to 1678. The disposition of the organ (with 46 stops on 3 manuals and pedal) is still preserved in manuscript in the parish archives Schnitger Basedow (Mecklenburg).
1712 The organ is damaged in the bombing of the Danish in 1712. 1713/14 Schnitger, who has his workshop in 1682 in Hamburg, restores the instrument. 1724 Due to a lightning bolt striking the church tower, the Schnitger Organ is completely destroyed, so that the tin had to be scraped off the gravestones.
1731 Erasmus Bielfeldt, organbuilder from Stade, begins construction of a new organ. The work to go to November 1735. In 1736 the organ was opened on January 10.
In the second half of the 18th century and in the first half of the 19th century, the organ is maintained initially by Georg Wilhelm Wilhelmy and then by his son George William, both of Stade.
1875/76 organ builder Henry Rover (Stade) leads repairs, a disposition revision, and in 1894 the construction of a swell around the Hinterwerk. These works represent a vital first intervention in the design of the Bielfeldt organ.
1917 The visible tin front pipes are taken for the purposes of the war effort. They will be replaced in 1920 by a new front pipes made of zinc.
1937 Work begins, which corresponded to the time period: The Hinterwerk was converted into a Ruckpositiv.The Ruckpositiv was placed without enclosure in the back of the player on the gallery and this was only the begining of other modifications in the years 1961 to 1963, the organ case was incorporated into the railing of the gallery. The result is not considered to be satisfactory, and from today's point of view, this restoration is a failure.
1990 A restoration by the Orgelbauwerkstatt Jürgen Ahrend (Leer) is completed. This is done on the basis of the great art of the Baroque organ and brings the organ into a technical, and as regards sound, to a state that corresponds to the time of origin. In addition to the Bielfeldt organ in Osterholz-Scharmbeck this is the second instrument by Erasmus Bielfeldt returned to the old, colorful sonority.